Last night, in a packed room, the Bowie County Patriots compiled a list of recommended candidates for the Republican primary. Some races were clear-cut, and others produced quite a bit of discussion. There were a couple of contests where the Patriots didn’t have a preference, and aren’t mentioned here.
- US Senator – Dwayne Stovall
- US Representative, District 4 – Lou Gigliotti
- Governor – Greg Abbott
- Lieutenant Governor – Todd Staples
- Attorney General – Barry Smitherman
- Comptroller of Public Accounts – Debra Medina
- Commissioner of the General Land Office – David Watts
- Commissioner of Agriculture – Sid Miller
- Railroad Commissioner – Wayne Christian
- Chief Justice, Supreme Court – Nathan Hecht
- Justice, Supreme Court, Place 6 – Jeff Brown
- Justice, Supreme Court, Place 8 – Phil Johnson
- State Representative, District 1 – George Lavender
- County Judge – Jeff Akin
- County Commissioner, Precinct 2 – Bill Henson
- County Commissioner, Precinct 4 – Mike Carter
The group also agreed to vote “Yes” on each party referendum.
Early voting began Tuesday February 18, and election day is March 4.
My personal blog is at SteveOglesby.com - come visit!
Latest posts by Steve Oglesby (see all)