Last night, in a packed room, the Bowie County Patriots compiled a list of recommended candidates for the Republican primary. Some races were clear-cut, and others produced quite a bit of discussion. There were a couple of contests where the Patriots didn’t have a preference, and aren’t mentioned here.
- US Senator – Dwayne Stovall
- US Representative, District 4 – Lou Gigliotti
- Governor – Greg Abbott
- Lieutenant Governor – Todd Staples
- Attorney General – Barry Smitherman
- Comptroller of Public Accounts – Debra Medina
- Commissioner of the General Land Office – David Watts
- Commissioner of Agriculture – Sid Miller
- Railroad Commissioner – Wayne Christian
- Chief Justice, Supreme Court – Nathan Hecht
- Justice, Supreme Court, Place 6 – Jeff Brown
- Justice, Supreme Court, Place 8 – Phil Johnson
- State Representative, District 1 – George Lavender
- County Judge – Jeff Akin
- County Commissioner, Precinct 2 – Bill Henson
- County Commissioner, Precinct 4 – Mike Carter
The group also agreed to vote “Yes” on each party referendum.
Early voting began Tuesday February 18, and election day is March 4.