Press release: The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added Kevin Patrick Stoeser, 40, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders list, and a cash reward of up to $3,000 is now being offered for information leading to his capture. Stoeser has a violent criminal past and is wanted for escape from federal supervision and failure to comply with sex offender registration requirements. All tips are guaranteed to be anonymous.
Stoeser is considered a high-risk sex offender who poses a significant risk to the community for violent sexual offenses. In 2002, Stoeser was convicted of numerous sexual crimes, including sodomy, production of child pornography and possession of child pornography. He received a 13-year sentence and was released in 2011, but he was returned to prison six months later for violating his sex offender treatment instructions.
On October 24, 2013, Stoeser escaped from federal supervision in Austin; and warrants were issued for his arrest.
Stoeser is 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs approximately 170 pounds. Stoeser has tattoos on both forearms, upper right arm and right leg. For more information, see his wanted bulletin at: http://www.dps.texas.gov/
Texas Crime Stoppers, which is funded by the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division, offers cash rewards to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of the Texas 10 Most Wanted fugitives or sex offenders.
There are four different ways to provide anonymous tips:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters DPS – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/
texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
All calls, texts, e-mails and Facebook messages are anonymous.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. You can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website at http://www.dps.texas.gov/
Do not attempt to apprehend these fugitives; they are considered armed and dangerous.
My personal blog is at SteveOglesby.com - come visit!
Latest posts by Steve Oglesby (see all)
- Gov. Abbott Declares Disaster in Bowie, Cass, Red River Counties - May 26, 2015
- Update on Bowie County Flood Preparations (Video) - May 26, 2015
- Agenda for Bowie County Commissioners Court, Tuesday May 26 - May 24, 2015